Before I begin, I am the The Polyamorous Mother Waking Her Baby With Her Orgasm Noises.
That was a week in my sex life. Pretty honest view into how I feel regarding sex, our poly, my sex life with myself. Very honest view into how freaking fed up I’ve been with the kids. Not my best writing ever, but I’m rusty. All in all, I am quite pleased and rather proud.
Have you read it yet? Okay good.
Now I am going to ask you to break the great rule of the internet, if you are a thoughtful person, and ask you to read the comments. Skim them if you have to, goodness knows there are quite a few.
This post is about the comments.
To be honest, so far they are nowhere near as bad as I expected them to be. As of yet I have not received death or rape threats, and as I am openly a woman on the net, the lack of them is sadly – surprising. In writing what I wrote, how I wrote it, I was consciously breaking a number of the sins of writing online as a woman. In the diary, I expressed extreme frustration with Motherhood. Shared that I masturbate for my own pleasure and for stress relief. Off the bat, I openly stated that I have herpes.
I have herpes. Have HPV too. These things happen. You cannot shame me because of my status, because I am not ashamed. Nor, do I, or anyone else, have any reason to be.
I’ve asked my friends and loves not to feed the trolls, but there are a few things I’d like to comment on here.
- The Governess is a Doctor Who reference wrapped in an inside joke. She isn’t our nanny. Though, this idea makes me laugh rather hard.
- I do not feel the need to defend my parenting, as I know that I am a superb parent. This was a sex diary, not a diary of what I do on a daily basis for my children.
- The woman who felt the need to comment about an award for making it through the day without masturbating baffles me. Masturbation is safe, healthy, and a massive stress reliever. If the kids are engrossed in something/napping and I can get myself off privately in the amount of time it takes most people to use the facilities…What’s the problem here? Oh, right. /sigh
The amount of slut shaming in there is awe inspiring. Expected, but still awe inspiring. The assumption that I am a terrible mother who hates her children because I express both frustration with them and a desire for an active and enthusiastic sex life is really bullshit.
What I wish to tell the commenters at the piece in the end though, is thank you. You have refuelled my fire. If I’m upsetting y’all, that means I’m living my life exactly how I want to. The underlying fear and loathing in those comments? That makes me proud. I’ve shed a lot of the bullshit and toxicity of our culture, am living my life freely, openly and honestly.
Now, I want to write another one.
***Yeah, I know. I yadda yadda’d the threesome. Sorry folks, I just don’t write explicitly about my sex life. It doesn’t work for me, makes me feel off. Trust me though, it was awesome***
Commenters were right about one thing, I did vote for Obama. Twice.
About PSG/Crista AnneCrista Anne is a Progressive Pleasurist, Executive Director/Foundress of Dildology.org and Sex-Postive Parent with her Partner In Everything - X. Valentine Orenda. She loves sleep, coffee, rainbow hued anything and her beloved Green Bay Packers.
Follow @Pinkness on twitter or look for utter randomness on tumblr
Tag#self love abortion babeland best seller blogging blog posts I didn't write bullet bullshit carol queen Changes clitoris contest Ducky featured g-spot good vibrations Love U masturbation Mcon Metis national masturbation month News orgasm personal porn rabbit random reposts review sale self-pleasure sex-positive sex education sex geek sex shop sex toy bloggers sex toys silicone tantus vain video Violet Blue wanton wednesday waterproof what is this I don't even
- Parenting is intense, who knew!?
- Dildology, Violet Blue and Offbeatr Update
- Coming out of Retirement for Dildology
- Poly Mom, NY Mag Sex Diarist, and Reading The Comments
- Rainbow Romp
- This is a sex blog, but this is not a sexy post
- So, perhaps I should address why PSG went dark for two years….
- Donate to Dildology